Whilst you are at home, we recommend that you implement the following to better protect your teeth.
Oral hygiene tips
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes.
- Floss once a day, usually at bedtime.
- Use a soft toothbrush and low abrasive toothpaste.
- Change your toothbrush every 3-4 months and always after being sick. Bacteria can form on brushes that have not been changed regularly.
- Encourage children to brush their teeth by documenting their good habits. Tip: reward children with star stickers.
- Reduce sugar and acidic consumption such as alcohol, juice, and sweets. If consuming sugar, such as juice, drink it with meals to reduce tooth decay.
- Reduce acid exposure by reducing the frequency and contact time of acids.
- Drink lots of water because it contains fluoride that prevents tooth decay.
- Eat dairy foods such as plain yogurt, milk and cheese as these foods help put back minerals your teeth might have lost and aids to rebuild tooth enamel.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your dental care, please call and our friendly reception team will assist you with your enquiry. MC Dental is open 7 days, including public holidays.